How much do you care about your gym? If it means a lot to you, you have to make sure your customers need it just as much too. For this to happen you need to work super hard to keep your reputation positive. These tips will help you on your way.
1. It is not good to lose your cool with customers on social media. People can be annoying sometimes, and often rude. If you disagree, remember not to give the same fire they are hitting you with. Try your best to help them solve the problem, and then move on. if they persist with rude comments, you can always delete said comments. Always act professionally so your gym's reputation stays good.
2. If you come across any content about your brand online and it's negative, make sure it goes. If it is on your own site or social media, delete it. If it is not, send a request to the Webmaster for where the content is to take it down. Once it is, make sure to use the Google URL removal tool to be sure it no longer shows up.
3. The easiest way to boost your online presence and raise your reputation is to start a blog. You can feature other local gyms bloggers, give tips on the use of gym equipment and much more that'll help your customers.
4. You could also put up posts on other people's sites to boost your reputation. More people would recognize you as a professional, especially when you put your name at the end of your articles with your gym name and a link to your own website. Always make sure you have relevant content. So they know a gym membership with you would be a good idea.
5. If your gym is on a rating site which lets business owners respond, use this to your advantage. It doesn't matter if the feedback is good or bad, respond to it. Appreciate those with all good things to say, and offer help to those who are unsatisfied.
6. Utilize your site also to show up on searches. When people look up "gym near me, fitness center near me, fitness clubs near me, fitness near me or cheap gyms near me" you're going to want to show up. Have stellar services so enough good comments have you showing up under the "best gym near me" tags.
7. Consider reputation management. The services cost a bit, but it puts your business in the hands of professionals who can help you grow it. They'll keep an eye on online activity and avoid and fight a negative reputation.
8. Make sure that you set realistic expectations for your customers. Don't make them think things that are impossible like a six pack in a week. This will lead to dissatisfaction.
9. When responding to negative reviews, don't ever admit to any fault. Admitting responsibility for things makes you look incompetent. Instead, apologize that they were dissatisfied.
Like we said in the intro, if your gym is important to you, you must make it important to your clients. Your reputation is essential in doing this. so utilize what you've just learned to keep your reputation pristine and your customer base intact.